Update On My Father

daSome of you may not know that my father had a stroke 4 months ago. He was suppose to die. I will never forget when I was on my way to work to make copies of my lesson for my students I get the call from my brother in law letting me know that my father passed out at work. On the road I began to listen to me and my dads favorite song. “Ooooh child things are going to get easier. Oooooh child things are going to get brighter.” I cried like never before because there was a possibility that I could have lose dad. I then turned on a song called The Lords Prayer. The lady was basically begging the lord through song to listen to her prayer. She was pleading hard and that was the same thing I was doing. It usually takes me 6 hours to get back up north but I sped to the hospital and it only took me 3 hours. I rushed into the hospital and everyone began to look at me. My mom said “Is there anything you want to say to your father the doctors said that he can hear us.” I needed some time to think about everything because I am not good at these emotional situations when all eyes are on me. It felt like I was in a soap opera “Days of our lives”. I began to pray on the inside. I couldn’t believe that my dad was in this sort of state. Its so crazy because in life I am use to my parents taking care of me. I am use to my dad being that strong BLACK MAN. To see my pops like that did something to me on the inside. The whole family was in the waiting room. We were all praying non stop. I posted on Snap Chat for everyone to pray for my father. It felt like we had the whole world praying for him. The doctor said that my dad will die or be on lock down for the rest of his life. I will never forget when my mother said “We believe in the power of God.”

Update:

My father is doing so much better. He has moved to a rehab facility in Sacramento California. The doctors are teaching him how to walk, talk and write. The power of God is real. I am so excited to know that I still have my dad. I learned a lot through this storm. I realized that our parents are not immortal, and anything can happen to them at any given time. I realized that I am stronger than I think. I struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts in 2009. It feels good to still want to live and not die when my dad had his stroke. Everyone in my family is doing good. My friends that never prayed before I beginning to have a relationship with God now because they realized the power of God when my dad started to get better. I am thrilled to know that my parents are going to go on so many trips when he finally gets better because my mom is realizing that tomorrow is not promised and we must take care of ourselves and not worry about everyone else. The bond between my siblings and family has gotten tighter. God is moving in this season of our lives.

Everything happens for a reason.

1. thepsychogrok says:

I will definitely pray for your father’s speedy recovery..

Thank you so much for sending prayers up. I will definitely keep you updated!

1. thepsychogrok says:

Thanks.

2. BooksHeaven says:

I will also pray for your father. Just stay positive. Miracles can happen. Believe it.

Thank you so much I needed to hear that!

3. At the moment I have 2 people in the family having stroke. One is my eldest brother and the other is my eldest nephew. I hope they keep the spirit for healing. I hope your father will get well soon.

They have transferred him over to a rehab center. My mom told me that he was able to write his name today. God is good. I’m praying for divine healing over your families life. Please keep me updated with how things are going with them.

4. Ravisingh says:

I have already prayed for the speedy recovery of your father.I hope God will grant him another life.I also loved the last line of your post-Everything happens with a reason.

Praise God he learned how to write. My mom called me a few days ago telling me the good news. Thank you so much I appreciate it.

Thanks for subscribing me. I pray you find freedom through my post.

5. atwinecosmas says:

I’m very sure he will recover soon enough

I will keep you updated. Praise God. Thanks for subscribing.

1. atwinecosmas says: