I Struggle With Being Alone

longIt is perfectly fine to have alone time. Some people always crave to be around others. They feel like a “loner” if they are not around people. What is wrong with being alone? What is wrong with going places by yourself? We have this thing about us where we feel like people are looking at us weird if we are walking around the mall by ourselves, going out to lunch by ourselves or even going to church by ourselves. There is absolutely nothing wrong with going places alone. A healthy balance is a must in your life. God wants us to be well rounded people. When we are by ourselves that is time that we can be spending with God one on one in our minds. As we are walking down the path at the beach we could easily tell God how are day is going. We can also use that time to reflect on life and where we could see ourselves in the future. I have learned to love being by myself at times. I love being able to go shopping and not have anyone rushing me to hurry up. I love being able to take Sunday cruises in my car after church and not have anyone try to change the station. There are certain weekends I do not answer the phone because I want to use my weekend as a time of rest and reflection. Now when I go places alone I put my earphones on and I walk with my head up high. You have to learn how to walk with confidence even when you are by yourself. God has built you to be a strong soldier. You do not always need a crowd by your side. You have to realize that people are attracted to your presence and the spirit of God that lives inside of you. Continue to be that light in dark places, and do not allow the enemy to make you feel “weird” for going places alone.

1. I never actually feel alone. Maybe that’s strange, but there always seems to be a “presence” around me, whether we call that presence God, or the Universe, or whatever. That doesn’t mean that I don’t have sad days. I do. But, on those days, it’s beautiful to sit still, close my eyes, and to FEEL the world around me, which is just as much alive as we are. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Nice post 🙂

Omg thanks for taking the time to write this encouraging message. You are a blessing.

2. Cheynoea says:

I echo awakeningwildflower’s comment. There is always some presence around me at all times. I to struggle at times or have down days where loneliness overwhelms me. However, I learn from those times and allow myself to be in that moment. I loved reading your article and the suggestions you make of how you deal with those times.

I love your transparency. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and how you deal with it. I love the comforting feeling❤️

3. This is so true. I really do love being alone sometimes. It’s the simplicity of only having to worry about what you’re doing that makes it so enjoyable. This is a great read!

Thanks for sharing. Yes learning how to be alone is a art. It took me awhile to get to this point. Thank God for growth! I enjoy spending alone time with ME. Thanks for reading. I can’t wait to see more of your post.

1. Jordynne207 says:

It took me a while as well, especially from a relationship standpoint. But without building that personal growth from being alone you’ll never be able to be happy.

Liked by 2 people

You are preaching right there! “Without building personal growth from being alone you’ll never be able to be happy” love it!

4. I agree wholeheartedly that it is healthy to be able to be okay with being alone and doing things in solitude because it really is a great opportunity for self reflection and connection with you and your emotions. I think this is a skill all people should master and make part of their everyday lives. Keep up the great work and maybe ty keeping a journal handy to use in moments of self reflection and write positively about your day and goals. I’ve found this helps me so it may be of use to you if you don’t already.

Thank you for that skill. Thanks for sharing your ideas and being transparent! You are very much so encouraging! I screenshot this so I won’t forget your advice.

5. Janiece Johnson says:

I really related to this. I am often alone and love it. Of course there are times I wanna see a friend or two and do something one day, to feel that connection to a human being, especially one I care for or have a connection with. For the most part, I love my solitude. I agree with you, you HAVE to walk with your head held high with utter joy and confidence. It feels so good.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I can totally relate and agree with you. That joy and confidence is like none other. Praise God for strength!