Sometimes I Don’t Feel God

You will experience times in your life when everything is going perfectly planned. Every job offer you wanted will be at your finger tips, that boy or girl that you dreamed about being with will come into your life, or maybe that prayer that you have been seeking from God has finally been answered. Those are the times that we tend to feel God the most. It seems like during the good times we can feel God in our feet, our mouth, our hands, our whole body and everywhere we go it seems like God is there.

But…

What about those hard storms that come into our life? What about those times when our friends disappear? What about those times in our life when we need advice and it seems like no one is answering their phone? What about those times when people that we trusted dearly let us down? Those are the times we begin to doubt God. Those are the times we ask, “God are you really there? Have you forgotten me?” I do not care how spiritual you are we have all had those days. From the pastor in the pulpit to the homeless man on the street corner. We have all been there. If you haven’t experienced that moment then “Keep living” like my grandmother AKA Bigmomma would always say.

I have learned…

Living For God is not based on feeling.

You’ll have days when you can feel him and you will experience days when you feel like he’s not there.

But faith isn’t about feeling.

1. Candace says:

This was a great read and reminder that our walk on this Christian journey is one of faith. No. Matter. What.

Keep the momentum going!

-Candace

Amen my sister be encouraged!

Hey Candace. I hope you are doing well.

The time has now come. My new book is finally available for sale. The book is titled Pieces in the Dark: TURN THE LIGHT ON. Please support me by purchasing a copy on amazon.

Description:
      Pieces in the Dark holds many truths about the human emotions. The short heartfelt vignettes include emotional stories of heartbreak, love gone wrong, moving on, loss, identity, spirituality and a strong lust for inner freedom. Everything becomes into question and the meaning of life is then changed by all the events that occur throughout life. Is it possible to find joy and happiness in a world full of chaos? Does depression go away? Or, does it hibernate for awhile? What happens when the lights turn on and all your secrets are brought to the light? Every page will have you whispering “me too”.

I need you!
      Can you please post my link, Description and the picture of my book cover to your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and snap chat pages please and thank you. All the support is greatly appreciated.

1. Candace says:

Congratulations, bro! Certainly! I’ll be sure to share tonight! God bless!

2. I appreciate this Man of God, ty

3. Wright876 says:

Oh my gosh! Love this! So trueee

Praise God! Thanks for taking time out of your day to read my blog!

1. Wright876 says:

You are welcome! I reblogged one because it was my total mood! Wanting to be left alone!

When you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place and you just want a soft place.

Hey ! I hope you are doing well.

4. Nitin says:

You’re a true Christian my friend. I’m not saying this to flatter you, but where I live you either find self-righteous people or those who’re into this prosperity gospel and say stuff like claim your healing or wealth. I’m not a Christian, and there was a period when I thought I was, but Calvinism crippled me. I’m reading some of your stuff here.

All the glory belongs to God. I pray for your strength and inner peace let’s keep in touch Brother!!! Do you have snap chat bro?

1. Nitin says:

No man. Sorry. But I’m reclusive and tend to keep to myself. And I don’t use snapchat. I only keep in touch through the comment section on blogs, with people around the world. But thanks for the prayers.

I’m glad that we have strong men like you in the world pouring their hearts out through post!

Hey bro. Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

5. Koustav says:

That’s true!

Hey man ! Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

I need you!

6. “But faith isn’t about feeling.
    It’s about knowing and trusting that no matter what God is always standing by your side.”

I love that ❤️❤️

Liked by 2 people

Praise God! Let’s keep in touch. Happy Good Friday.

Hey bro. Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

7. dudimadge says:

Me too, i thought i was the only one but somehow i always know He’s never far away.

Ain’t that the truth!

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

8. Julia Putzke says:

Thank you for writing this. I’m having one of those today where I can’t feel God, but I keep talking to him like he’s here. And what you said, “what about when all of your friends disappear?” I’m feeling that today. Thank you for your honesty. I love what you say on your about page that everyone just wants someone to listen and you listen to the heart of a person. I love that.

Praise God! I am praying for your freedom and deliverance. You have the victory and don’t ever forget that. Please let’s keep in touch. Whenever you need prayer I am here for you.

1. Julia Putzke says:

Thank you. I have a contact form on my blog if you’d ever like to keep in touch. I followed your blog. You are very gifted with words. May God bless you as you continue to write your book and here. And if you ever need prayer, I’m also here.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

I need you!

9. This blog really spoke to me. I am currently asking God these same questions, lol. But, I know that he won’t leave nor forsake me. Thanks for posting it!

All the glory belongs to God. I have to keep telling myself in a soft still voice that he’s there and I cannot allow the enemy to trick me.

1. Yes! I Just wrote a post about that just now.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

I need you!

10. Oh my thank you for liking my post because then I got to see yours . I so needed to read this to day . How I’ve been feeling . I’m religious but I don’t go to church like I should but I believe I pray every night and I try my hardest to be a good person and lately I feel like this post …. enjoyed reading this .

Wow praise God. I am praying for your freedom and deliverance. Please keep in touch. Don’t let the devil win!!!! God is with you no matter what.

1. Thank you !your such a nice person.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

11. jilrob says:

Thanks for following my blog at Discover Santosha. I liked reading your About Page and why you teach. I totally agree with you about people wanting to be heard. Giving each person an opportunity to share his or her story, and feel really listened to, is one of the most valuable things you can do.

Praise God! Thanks for taking time out of your day to read my about section. Let’s keep in touch.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

12. Squashy Moss says:

That was well written. I am sure God remembers you especially when you go through the storms of life..

Amen that’s so true.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

1. Squashy Moss says:

What I will do is when I get paid next week I will buy a copy and if I like it I will advertise it on my blog and on Facebook. I hope it sells really well. Good luck ❤️

This means a lot. Thank you so much❤️

3. Squashy Moss says:

You are welcome. If you remind me on 10th April please or I will forget

Hey just a friendly reminder 😊

5. Squashy Moss says:

Hey give me few minutes to answer my comments. Thanks for reminding me 😊😊😊

Thanks you’re a blessing 😊

13. A hard topic many won’t touch.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

I need you!

Thank you for taking the time out to read my post. Glory be to God.

1. Ita Shares says:

Glory be to him. Now following your blog, hope you follow mine too 😊

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

14. Sri Taris says:

Nice post, true words.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

15. He doesn’t change. Everyone else may leave but He’s always got our back. 🙂

That’s the truth amen I agree.

16. crystalosayomore says:

Hello. Thanks for following my blog. You surely came at the right time because I was able to come to your page and see this post. It is very relatable to my life right now. I was just praying the other day, expressing to God that I don’t “feel Him sometimes” and that I wish I did. And as loving as our Father is, he reassured me that He is always with me. He promised to never leave us nor forsake us. And it is true, that faith is not a feeling. It’s about knowing and trusting God no matter what! Thanks for sharing. That really encouraged me!

Praise God for freedom and deliverance. I am praising God with you right now because of the word that you just received. Let’s continue to lift each other up in prayer. Let’s stay connected.

1. crystalosayomore says:

Amen! I will definitley​ stay in touch!!!

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

17. Reblogged this on UNTAMPERED THOUGHTS and commented:
    I feel like this a lot.

18. I really enjoyed reading this and can relate to it on so many levels. I feel that “not feeling God” is what I’ve been going through the most lately. I’m always being told I need to pray more, but I feel so low in faith at times that I just can’t do it.

Keep on praying and stand on his word. He said he will never leave you nor forsake you. Don’t give up. Don’t faint! Please keep in touch!

1. Thank you! Will do! 😊

19. oldpoet56 says:

True psychology, true philosophy, true faith. I am going to reblog this for you.

God is good. Thank you so so much for this. You are a blessing. Let’s keep in touch.

20. Amen.!!!! Faith is not a feeling it is a knowing…..God bless you richly

Hey I know you don’t know me but I have written a book called Pieces In The Dark, I released it on yesterday and out of 23,000 books it is now ranked as 274. I was wondering if you all can support me by purchasing the book. 40 percent of my earnings will go to my students next year. I want to continue to be able to bless my students with prom tickets and school supplies. I teach high school English in Watts California and it is a low income area. Also, I want to be able to bless a couple of students with year books as well. Thank you so much for reading this message. The link will be attached below to all the information.

Amazon:

blog:

Description of book:

21. anyamoh says:

Wow! Touched my heart! You so delicately described the silent feelings at the core of every human heart! It is beautiful. simply love it!

Praise God thanks for your support. Let’s keep in touch and continue to lift each other up in prayer!

22. Joe Blake says:

We are never really disconnected but can forget, and lose sight of our oneness with God and all that is. Any genuine prayer will bring me back.

23. Love your honesty here…great post!!!

24. Great post! Faith causes us to keep going even when it doesn’t make sense. It is so worth it tho!

25. Katayajames says:

Life. I loved this how I feel sometimes

Amen I hope you’re able to purchase a copy of my new book (: https://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Dark-Deonte-Earl-Towner/dp/069210044X

26. Amen, exactly, it’s not a feeling. It’s faith.

27. Sorry it has taken me so long but THANKS for the like

28. I wanted to apologize first because I just found your like. I am glad I did not discover it before now because it was a treasure for me as I really needed the reminder right now. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

Praise God all the glory belongs to him. this too shall pass. Hold on!! Please keep in touch and keep me updated.