My Father Had A Stroke (Update) 6 Months Later

Today I went to go visit my Father at the rehab center that he is residing in until he gets better. He has made so many improvements since the last time I saw him in December. 6 months ago my father had a stroke. The doctor said that he was going to die and if he lives then he will not be able to move his body. The only part of his body he would be able to move is his eyes.

Doctors Proven Wrong

Well God proved the doctors wrong. My dad can eat without a tube. He can write his name in a complete sentence. He can even shake someone’s hand when they reach his way. My dad can shake his head yes or no when asked a question. Everything is slowly but surely coming together. Through this process a lot has changed in my family. My brother in law gave his life to Christ. My sisters relationship with God is stronger than ever. My brother received the job that he has always wanted. I was rewarded teacher of the year and my book is going to be released soon. My mother has developed a new understanding of what it really means to serve God. She told me, “You can go to church every single Sunday, but still not have the love of Christ inside of you. There’s a difference between church work and kingdom work. Keep God first and you can never go wrong.” On top of it all my dad accepted Christ into his life. One day I was by his bed side and I told him the story about the woman at the well and if he drinks from the fountain of living water he will not thirst anymore. I told him a story about how God has been calling his name for a long time and today he is calling is name louder than ever. I took my father on a journey and asked him if he wanted to accept Christ into his life. He shook his head yes and began crying. I told him to repeat the words in his heart because he cannot talk yet. I said YOU ARE SAVED. He began to cry. I began to cry as well. My mother began to praise God in the room while she was recording the moment.

My dad is not able to talk yet and he is not able to walk. He will develop that ability later on. Everything takes time the nurses said. As we are waiting for God to fully strengthen my dad I am learning how to listen to God through my prayer time. I have developed so much strength and patience through this process. I am not mad or angry at God. Nor, do I question God. I have learned to be at peace with what God does because he always has a plan.

Days I Cry

Of course I have days where I cry but it’s not in sadness. I cry because I am rejoicing what God is doing in my family. God works in mysterious ways, and in order for the victories in my family to occur then all of this had to happen. My dad is a real living miracle. My relationship with my dad is so close that whenever I am having a bad day or I need advice all I have to do is dig deep down in my heart and listen to what my dad would say if he could talk. Sometimes you don’t need a person to be right by your side to know what they would say. That’s the power of love. Thanks for all the prayers because they are definitely coming through.

Let go and let God..

Thanks for taking time out your day to read my story.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.

The time has now come. My new book is finally available for sale. The book is titled Pieces in the Dark: TURN THE LIGHT ON. Please support me by purchasing a copy on amazon.

Link:

Description:
      Pieces in the Dark holds many truths about the human emotions. The short heartfelt vignettes include emotional stories of heartbreak, love gone wrong, moving on, loss, identity, spirituality and a strong lust for inner freedom. Everything becomes into question and the meaning of life is then changed by all the events that occur throughout life. Is it possible to find joy and happiness in a world full of chaos? Does depression go away? Or, does it hibernate for awhile? What happens when the lights turn on and all your secrets are brought to the light? Every page will have you whispering “me too”.

I need you!
      Can you please post my link, Description and the picture of my book cover to your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and snap chat pages please and thank you. All the support is greatly appreciated.

1. Angelina says:

God is good love how u wrote it prefect cousin i truly knoe God is working thank u for keepen us posted love u

Thank you Angelina I love you so much!

2. enitsirk24 says:

Praise God for all the changes in your family!! May you all continue to find joy each day.

Praise God! I will keep you updated.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.
      I have great news my book has made the top 200 list in two days.

Link:

Description:

I need you!

3. dudimadge says:

I am glad that your Dad is finally recovering, but it is the strength that you show that i admire the most and not giving up on God. I think i almost come close every time when am in a crisis until i remind myself that no one could love me better than Him so for that reason i chose to stay . I don’t see life without God and no thanks i do not want to find out.

Praise God thanks for sharing your story. Let’s keep each other uplifted in prayer.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.
      I have great news my book has made the top 200 list in two days.

Link:

Description:

I need you!

4. Morenikeji says:

God is truly wonderful. Your story is inspiring, I feel more grateful.

Thank you for taking time to read my story. God is truly amazing.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.
      I have great news my book has made the top 200 list in two days.

Link:

Description:

I need you!

5. Mary Ann says:

Praise God, I pray He strengthens your father.. I also pray that He comforts you and your family through it all..
    I have read that olive oil and turmeric helps people recover after a stroke, but doctors probably don’t believe it..

I will tell my mother what you have said. I thank you so much for your prayers and suggestions . Let’s keep in touch.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.
      I have great news my book has made the top 200 list in two days.

Link:

Description:

I need you!

6. Squashy Moss says:

Oh dear I am so sorry about this. Sending love and prayers to you both

Thank you so much for your prayers!

1. Squashy Moss says:

Aw bless you. You are very welcome 🙏

Oops sorry already sent you that

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.
      I have great news my book has made the top 200 list in two days.

Link:

Description:

I need you!

7. Sri Taris says:

Great to read about your dad, i wish you and your family many blessings

Thank you so much all the glory belongs to God. Continue to pray for us.

1. Sri Taris says:

Can do peace and love!

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.
      I have great news my book has made the top 200 list in two days.

Link:

Description:

I need you!

8. Marcy B says:

Amen! Wow! Love!
    Praise God for His goodness!
    I’m so pleased to hear about your journey ad your father’s recovery. God continue to strengthen him day by day and use him and all your family for His Glory!

Keep writing, keep loving, keep sharing!

Thank you for following and liking my post! Be sure to go back and read the Saturday post! It sets the scene for Sunday!❤🤗

Please share the Saturday – Sunday posts with as many as you know need to hear the life saving, life changing message!

Thankful for you! We definitely need more teachers to love students and show God’s love❤
    Bless you!
    Marcy

All the glory belongs to God. Thanks for your encouraging words. I sure will

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.
      I have great news my book has made the top 200 list in two days.

Link:

Description:

I need you!

9. toinspireus says:

What an awesome testimony! I will be looking forward to your Fathers updates. To God Be The Glory. This post shares great inspiration to never give up.

All the glory belongs to God. Please continue to keep my family lifted up in prayer. Thanks again Sis.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.
      I have great news my book has made the top 200 list in two days.

Link:

Description:

I need you!

1. toinspireus says:

Good Morning! I am getting ready to go make this earned income & I will check it out when I return. Have a Blessed day! & Congrats to you

Thank you so much for your support Sis!

10. apleasantchaos says:

I wanted to comment as post-stroke health and disability is something close to my heart. My Gran had a stroke, and remained completely paralysed down one side of her body for the remainder of her days. (Which I should add was way longer than any professionals had predicted). Sending positive thoughts and bundles of hope.

Thanks so much. I will continually keep you updated. Thanks for the prayers. Much needed.

Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well.
      I have great news my book has made the top 200 list in two days.

Link:

Description:

I need you!

11. Sad to read this. Hope for the betterment.

Amen I will keep you updated.

12. delsenboisen says:

God will bless you and guide you through your faith in the Trinity.
    Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks for your prayers big brother!

1. delsenboisen says:

You welcome.
        Jah bless you and family.

13. As someone deteriorating day by day after brain surgery, I know how good God has been to your family. You are such an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Being strong isn’t easy and you got this. I’ll be praying for you. Please keep in touch. God is for you!

14. May the blessings continue not only to come to your family but be recognized by them. Sometimes we simply do not recognize the blessings sent our way. Enjoy your father, too, please. The 16th of this month is my father’s birthday, the first to come since he left us to live with our Heavenly Father. I miss him every day. Our parents, our families, are gifts. I am so glad your father is proving to doctors they don’t know everything. I might share in my blog how my youngest child proved the same thing to them. she was born on his birthday by the way, my Fathers. He always said best gift ever. Keep smiling. Keep working for change. It matters. Your encouraging blog was JUST what I needed to read today.

Wow your story brought me to tears. I am praying for you and your strength. Tell your family that God is close to the broken hearted. Please keep in touch. Whenever you need someone to pray with I am here for you.

15. Diana Tyler (Eccentric Muse) says:

Glory and praises to the Most High!

16. Mandie Hines says:

I was brought to your blog by a very complimentary post written by Diana Tyler. Congratulations on your book! And the story about your father’s recovery is beautiful. I love this line “You can go to church every single Sunday, but still not have the love of Christ inside of you.” So true.

Glory be to God. Thank you so much for being so supportive. You will really love my book. Thanks again for all the support. Let’s keep in touch and keep me updated.

17. XandraXandra says:

Thank you for this, little brother. You give me courage to love harder.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write me. Pray for me as I pray for you. So we can stay lifted up. I wrote a new book called Pieces in the Dark and I’m giving 40% to my students school supplies since I work in a low income area. Can you please please support your little brother by purchasing the book https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/069210044X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523654800&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=Deonte+Earl+Towner&dpPl=1&dpID=41juw7yiiIL&ref=plSrch