Being A Teacher Is the Lords Work

When educators go to college professors say, “As a teacher you are not your students friends or family. You are ONLY their teachers. You are only there to TEACH.” That is the biggest lie of all time. And that philosophy will make your teaching experience hell. When you work at a low income schools you are everything to these students. You are sometimes the closest presence of home to them. Sometimes as a teacher you stay in your classroom extra hours after school because that student is afraid to go home or they don’t really have a stable household. Sometimes students call you “Mom, Brother, Spiritual Guider, Aunt, Friend, Uncle, Grams, Pops/Dad.” Yes, it is important as educators to set boundaries of course but always be human with your students. It’s okay to let them know how your day is really going. No matter how “perfect” you try to act.. students see right through it. Be yourself. Be that loving person that God has created you to be in the workplace and the dark place will shine with his glory.

I am so blessed to be able to wake up every morning and teach students that come from low income communities with bright futures. So many of my students thank me every single day for encouraging them to go after their dreams. Students say, “I want to be a scientist.. I want to be the first Hispanic president.. I want to be the next Cardi B..I want to be in the NFL.. I want to be a national journalist… I want to be a professor.” My high school students come to my every single day with all these goals that they have over their lives. It is a blessing for them to have those dreams because a lot of them come from a place where it looks like there is no hope.

Many of my students come from the poorest parts of Los Angeles. The projects from which they have to rise above from are hard to pass by every morning, but how much more difficult do you think it is for them to live there? My students inspire me every single day. They make my job worth it. When I go home I pray for my students that God continues to give them the strength every day to keep going after their dreams and to continually seek education: look to God for guidance.

Please continue to pray for the community that I work in and I will keep you all updated on how God is blessing and restoring the campus.

Please purchase a copy 40% are going towards school supplies for my students in financial need.

1. lghiggins says:

Amen! If you are not “there” for the kids, you need to find another career.

Liked by 3 people

Exactly it’s the truth. You get an AMEN from me!

Also I hope you’re able to purchase a copy of my book. 40% will be going to my students education. https://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Dark-Deonte-Earl-Towner/dp/069210044X

2. Be encouraged as you inspire the next generation 💖

Liked by 2 people

1. Will definitely seek to check it out😀

3. notdonner says:

I am grateful to God that there are His children making a powerful impact on these kids. With positive, God-centered vision for your students, there is nothing that should deter a young man or young woman from striving to their fullest potential. I will jump aboard to read more of your work and get the book. Thank you for visiting my blog.

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much all the glory and honor belongs to God. I appreciate the support. This means a lot ! Let’s keep in touch.

4. RLoy says:

Thanks for following my blog!

5. Miss A says:

The hardest and the most encouraging job… You are a role model ! Must feel so good to have such a giving job that you love.

You are so right! Praise God. I hope you’re able to purchase a copy of the book.

6. Keep doing the Lord work!!!!!