My Father Had A Stroke 7 Months Ago (Update) HOME SWEET HOME

Dear blog family,

I write this letter to you all in tears. My father is finally home from the rehab facility. God is moving like never before. I was planning on coming home for mothers day weekend and then while back home I was going to visit my father in the rehab facility. My mother gave me a call and said, “Your father is back home.” I almost screamed on the phone because it has been a long time coming. I emailed the school that I worked for and told the principal that I will not be able to come into work today, so I had to get a substitute teacher. It takes about 6 hours to drive from Los Angeles all the way to the Bay Area. I was driving those long hours smiling ear to ear because I could not wait to see my dad and I know he couldn’t wait to see me. I got a little emotional because every time I would visit my parents back home in the summer my dad and I would have boys night. We would stay up for hours, talk about life and watch crime shows. I would fall asleep on the floor and he would bring covers my way and a soft pillow to lay my head down. I could not wait to relive those memories with him. Even though I am 26 years old my parents still treat my siblings and I like kids. I have no problem with that because nobody will treat us like our parents do. Sadly, our parents will not be on this earth forever, so I am enjoying them to the fullest.

2:30 pm

I finally got out the car because the time has come to see my father. My mom was laying on the couch with my cousin watching television. They both jumped up to greet me because they were excited that I was back home to visit for the weekend. My dad was in the room resting because he had therapy this morning. My dad cannot walk or talk yet. BUT he can write, stand and nod his head yes or no when you are communicating with him. He also laughs when you tell a good joke. I am so excited to be by his side right now. Please continue to pray that God continue to strengthen his muscles. We are resting on Gods promises that he will fully restore my father.

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Romans 8:18

Please purchase a copy 40% are going towards school supplies for my students in financial need.

Description of my book:

Pieces in the Dark holds many truths about the human emotions. The short heartfelt vignettes include emotional stories of heartbreak, love gone wrong, moving on, loss, identity, spirituality and a strong lust for inner freedom. Everything becomes into question and the meaning of life is then changed by all the events that occur throughout life. Is it possible to find joy and happiness in a world full of chaos? Does depression go away? Or, does it hibernate for awhile? What happens when the lights turn on and all your secrets are brought to the light? Every page will have you whispering “me too”.

1. Sending my thoughts out your way. I know how scary strokes are. They are a hereditary element in my family. My mom had one 3 years ago. My aunt had one this passed winter. Grandmother 9 1/2 years ago. I could go on and on with the family list. Your dad must have the perseverance and will/determination to get well. I wish him all the best.

Thank you so much for the prayers. God is moving. I pray for your family as well.. Divine healing!

2. TheMoraldo says:

New follower, this is the first post I’ve read from you. Brother it’s been a long day, but this news broke and lifted my heart. Thank you for sharing. God bless you all!

Thanks so much Brother. God is moving and I believe he will move on behalf of your situation as well. I hope you’re able to purchase a copy of my book so I can continue to bless my students with school supplies. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/069210044X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525654967&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=deonte+towner&dpPl=1&dpID=41juw7yiiIL&ref=plSrch

3. Jai says:

Wow. This was really powerful. I love the memories.
    When I found out my mom had Parkinson’s and now is in the most aggressive of stages, I too had tears in my eyes reading the joy of falling asleep watching tv/ movies on the floor. Mom would do the same.
    Please know, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Wow I needed that. All the glory belongs to God. I pray for your behalf as well that God continues to give you and your mom strength through this hard time. God is with you. Please don’t ever think he’s not there. Also, I hope you’re able to purchase a copy of my book to support my students. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/069210044X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525654967&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=deonte+towner&dpPl=1&dpID=41juw7yiiIL&ref=plSrch

4. Namrata says:

Congratulations for your father’s recovery… very happy for you ☺️💐

God is more than good!

1. Will do, thank you for sharing!

5. I’m happy for you. I hope and pray he continues to get better.

6. virgobeauty says:

Yay, glad he’s progressing and home. Happy for you.

7. Robin says:

My Dad had a stroke five months ago. I’ve searched around, looking for answers, and found you. Thanks so much for being here, thanks for not letting me feel alone. God Bless.

Praise God let’s keep each other lifted in prayer! I am here for you. Please keep me updated.

1. Robin says: