Are You Representing Christ at Work?

Dear blog family,

I work in a high stress environment, so many teachers cannot handle working at low income schools. God has given me the strength, gift and the ability to handle every situation that comes my way. Every morning I pray over myself, the classroom, students and staff. Every time when someone walks into my classroom the first thing they say is “I feel so free in here. There is a calm gentle spirit over your classroom.” I praise God for that because dealing with teenagers can be tough at times. I am grateful unto God that I can remain calm in stressful situations and still speak calmly and think clearly. This year I feel so positive at work.

So many of my colleagues ask me, “Mr. Towner how do you stay so happy and cheerful in the morning? How do you smile all the time?” All I can say is “The Holy Ghost!” Only God can give you that peace and joy. I am not perfect but I do my best to seek him. It is important as believers to put him first and always represent who he is because the world is looking for us and the world needs and wants hope. I send encouraging emails staff wide because I believe that someone needs to be strengthened for the week. People need to understand that we need each other and we can’t get through the week without loving each other. LOVE!

I challenge you at work to reach!!! Reach out to people that you do not usually talk to. Say good morning to someone that you may not necessarily get a long with. Even if they do not respond back it is totally fine. As long as you do your part and act right. You have to constantly remember that you are not in control of how someone reacts.. you are only in control of how you react or respond. You can never go wrong when you obey the voice of God!

Please keep me updated on how the challenge went.. it starts as soon as you finish reading this.. lol no excuses! I pray that God gives you the strength to be kind to people that mistreat you at work. I pray that God opens up their hearts to see their wrong and repent. Amen.. you got this!!!

“I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me..” Philippians 4:13

1. simplywendi says:

so thankful that you are doing God’s work and blessing each student with whom you come in contact

This means so much! All the glory belongs to God. Keep your head up. Let’s continue to keep each other lifted in prayer!

2. Marcy B says:

Where is the LOVE button? Absolutely LOVE!! Thank you! This is a great post and so encouraging and a great challenge! Thankful for you brother! God bless you, strengthen you, and continue to give you His Joy and Peace so that you may reflect Him to your co-workers, students, friends, family, strangers, to All!

This means a lot. All the glory belongs to God. Please keep in touch!! Continue to lift me up in prayer as I do the same for you..

3. Marcy B says:

Thank you! Definitely! 🙂

4. Andrea says:

Hi Deonte! I saw your guest appearance on Steve and had to reach out to say how proud I am of you! Your passion for your career/ministry is awesome! My daughter teaches as well and the passion for what she does runs so deep and it’s so beautiful to see in you young people, not too far from new grads, making such self sacrificing choices for your students. Beautiful. The Love Of God working through you. Awesome!

All the glory belongs to God. Thank you so much for rejoicing with me. God is truly moving. I am praying for your family. Please keep me updated.