Sometimes we are so focused on speaking out and raising awareness on social media to the point we forget about ourselves. Shocking headlines are taking over our lives and it is driving us to our limits. We forget who we are, we forget what gives us peace of mind, we forget about ourselves because we are so focused on making the world a better place.
We have all experienced days where we think that all we need is some sleep and then we will be fine in the morning. Our days begin to seem longer than usual and it becomes hard to do anything even the things that we love. We get sleep but then we are still exhausted. I want to offer my advice to you and say take a social media break. That is something many people do not want to hear because we all have this love hate relationship with social media, but take a break. Sometimes we are too involved with the comment sections, going back and forth with people and intaking too much information. We forget to give our minds rest throughout the day. We live in a world of articles constantly being thrown at us. Shocking headlines are taking over and it is driving us to our limits.
You need to create balance in your life. Sometimes we are so focused on speaking out and raising awareness to the point that we forget about ourselves. We forget who we are, we forget what gives us peace of mind, we forget about ourselves because we are so focused on making the world a better place. There is nothing wrong with speaking out but if you are not taking care of yourself you will burn out. You will find yourself running on empty and you will be less effective.
The Benefits of Taking A Break
When you take a break…
- You spend more time with God. A relationship with God is the most important connection that you can ever have. Sometimes being on social media too much can cause you to pray less and you’ll find yourself not reading your bible as much.
- You give yourself time to reflect and come up with solutions that you did not think about before.
- You give your mind, spirit and body rest. Remember there is only one of you, and we were not made to carry the world on our shoulders.
- You begin to connect with yourself all over again.
- You set time aside to do what makes you happy. You find yourself experiencing joy like old times.
- You spend time with people you love and the conversations are about things outside of what is going on in the world and not from social media.
- You get more sleep and you give your mind rest.
- You find yourself doing new things that you didn’t make time to do before.
- You begin listening to yourself more. The voices in your head are not as loud as before because of all the comments and post that you seen on social media minutes before.
- You discover the importance of YOU and reconnect with other purposes that you have on earth that God has been trying to make you aware of.
After reading all these pros of taking a break off social media feel free to contact me or comment below to share your experience of taking a break OR other pros of taking a break that you found meaningful.
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
If you would like to purchase my Poetry and Prose books click on Menu and then the Books tab for more information. OR, you can go to Amazon and search up my newest book Fading Into the Clouds by Deonte’ Earl Towner.